TINY HOUSE PRE-FAB
GORGEOUS SOL HAUS PREFAB MODULAR
- Turn key solution and move-in ready from the factory!
- Built as a prefab modular unit and shipped to the building site
- Placed on a permanent foundation and hooked up to utilities on site
- This tiny house is legal and certified with the State of California for permit processing
- Price includes cabinetry, plumbing fixtures, appliances and lighting
- Use as an ADU, primary dwelling, office space, or as a guesthouse
- Total construction time is 3 months!
REVOLUTIONIZING THE WAY WE BUILD & LIVE
- Factory built modular units are permitted with the State of California (HCD – California Housing & Community Development)
- Built in the factory, there is less construction waste and the process is not subject to weather constraints, which allows for more efficient building
- Site preparation (ie: building the foundation) can be done simultaneously during the construction in the factory
- Construction and permitting can be completed in 3 months, in contrast to the industry average of 1 year
- Built on a permanent foundation this tiny house is legal as an ADU or primary dwelling
FIRE RESISTANT & ECO-CONSCIOUS
- Resilient to wildfires, earthquakes, and extreme weather patterns due to climate change
- As fires become the new normal in California (and beyond), this building uses fire-resistant materials such as a standing seam metal roof and cement board panel siding
- With a tiny footprint of less than 300sf, this prefab minimizes natural resources, reduces construction waste, and is good for your pocketbook! Utility cost is a fraction of a standard size home.
- By using high quality materials that are non-toxic (no formaldehyde or off-gassing), this prefab provides healthy interior living for chemically sensitive people.
MODULAR, PRE-FAB BUILT IN THE FACTORY
- SOL HAUS DESIGN is collaborating with a reputable factory builder for the modular units
- We’re working with a factory because we value quality building, less waste, energy efficiency, and having a minimal impact on the Earth
- Factory building minimizes construction waste, compared to traditional “stick-built” construction, through improved inventory control and analysis of the flow of materials
- The controlled environment allows for building without the challenges of weather, increasing efficiency
- The Tiny House Prefab modular unit starts at $120K which includes finishes, cabinetry, appliances, plumbing, and lighting fixtures (with a discount for multiple units)
FREQUENTLY ASK QUESTIONS
When will the prefab unit be available? How can I tour the unit?
We are currently finalizing the cost with the factory builder and verifying the structural engineering for permit processing. We will be building the first prefab in Santa Paula, CA this summer in 2021. Estimated completion date is fall 2021.
Many have requested a tour of this unit, and we’re excited to announce this can be arranged! You’re welcomed to see the completed unit in the factory in Santa Paula, coming this summer/fall! Please sign up for updates in our newsletter.
What is the cost for this prefab unit?
Can you offer this unit outside of California?
We are focusing on the first build in southern California (Santa Paula, CA) to finalize pricing and permit processing. If you are interested in building one anywhere in California, please let us know! Your build can be created simultaneously with the first build in Santa Paula.
After the first build is completed this year, we will be offering it to other states throughout the US.
Can I change the design or have it customized?
Yes! The prefab can be completely customized to your needs. Generally you can change the colors of the exterior and interior materials. We will also be providing other models that are larger – 500sf, 750sf & 1200sf – one to two bedroom units. The intention of the prefab is to minimize the cost with economy of scale. In general, the structure cannot be changed without a change in cost.
I would like to get several units on my property. Can I connect them with a courtyard?
Yes! Our larger vision is to build multiple units for a tiny house community. If you haven’t seen Vina’s set up with her tiny house and tiny office connected with a courtyard, you can check out photos here: https://www.
Is this unit designed for off-grid capability?
Yes! The first unit we are building will be powered with solar panels. This is required in California for new ADUs (accessory dwelling unit). The required electrical power is minimal, because the unit is designed with passive heating/cooling and energy efficient fixtures and appliances (and has a tiny footprint!)
Each pre-fab module is 10′ x 26′ (260sf)
- FRAMING: 2×4 walls with steel frame at corners and infill with wood studs
- WINDOW/ DOORS: Milgard fiberglass/vinyl, dual paned, low-E
- SIDING: Durable Hardie panel siding; fire-resistant for high fire hazard zones
- ROOF: Metal roof; fire-resistant for high fire hazard zones
- HEATING/COOLING: Mini-split ductless heating and cooling
- CABINETS: Formaldehyde-free, no off-gasing in cabinetry and shelving
- COUNTERTOP: Solid surface countertop
- APPLIANCES: Energy star appliances: under counter refrigerator, induction stove
- HEALTHY INTERIOR FINISHES: No VOC or formaldehyde in paints or sealants
- PLUMBING: Water conserving fixtures: toilets, faucets, shower heads (Energy Star rated)
- FLOOR: Hardwood floor or high quality linoleum
- WATER HEATER: Energy efficient tankless hot water heater
Interested in the Tiny House Pre-fab?
SOL HAUS Design
PO Box 384
Ojai, CA 93024
Sol Haus Design is committed to beautiful, human-centered design where quality of living is accessible to all.
2021 SOL HAUS DESIGN | ALL RIGHTS RESERVED