A BEAUTIFULLY DESIGNED TINY HOUSE FOR $75,000 – PRE-PERMITTED FOR APPROVAL!
Many homeowners are challenged by the cost of construction and permitting fees to add a guesthouse on their property. SOL HAUS DESIGN are finding ways to address these problems and to provide affordable housing solutions. We believe it is our responsibility to provide maximum economic value with simple and efficient design solutions.
With a tiny footprint of 350 square feet, the guesthouse feels spacious. It has a vaulted ceiling, plenty of natural light, and large patio doors which looks onto to a large deck. The open floor plan includes a living room/kitchen/dining area with a plenty of storage. There is a mezzanine/ loft space above for an additional bedroom or office.
FLAT PACKED, PREFAB & PRE-PERMITTED!
SOL HAUS DESIGN is collaborating with a local supplier for structural insulated panels (SIPS) for the prefabricated panelized system. With a manufacturing warehouse in southern California, they can produce wall and roof sections with less waste, high energy efficiency and a much faster and efficient time frame for construction. This eliminates construction waste typically found in traditional on-site or “stick-built” construction. Also, the controlled environment in a warehouse allows for building without the challenges of weather, thereby reducing the construction schedule.
When wall panels are completed (insulation and framing included), the panels are stacked on a flat bed truck. They are shipped to the jobsite ready to be installed on the foundation, thereby reducing construction time dramatically
We recognize that a major source of frustration is not knowing the cost for permitting. To this end, we are working with building officials to provide a drawing set that has been pre-approved for permitting. It will consist of structural and architectural drawings, details and calculations with Title 24 engineering.
The result is a very efficient system which will greatly reduce the cost for permitting and construction. The cost estimate for our 350sf guesthouse prototype is $75,000. This excludes development cost for the land (utilities and site work). Contact us for more information.
The guesthouse prototype is $75,000 with 350sf (approx. $210 per square foot).
- FRAMING: 2×6 walls, prefabricated panelized systems with SIPS (structural insulated panels)
- WINDOW/ DOORS: Fiberglass or aluminum, dual paned, low-E
- SIDING: durable Hardie Panel siding; options available in stucco or plaster
- ROOF: Galvalume standing seam metal roof; options available in asphalt comp. tile
- HEATING/COOLONG: Mini-split ductless heating
- CABINETS: Formaldehyde-free, no off-gasing in millwork
- COUNTERTOP: Recycled paper countertop by Richlite
- APPLIANCES: Energy star appliances: washer/dryer, refrigerator, stove
- HEALTHY INTERIOR FINISHES: No VOC or formaldehyde
- PLUMBING: Water conserving fixtures: toilets, faucets, showerheads (Energy Star rated)
- FLOOR: Stained concrete flooring with slab foundation; option for hardwood floor or bamboo
- WATER HEATER: Tankless water heater